The Activity tab shows you the latest notifications for your account. You can receive desktop notifications when new activity arrives, as the Activity feed is automatically refreshed based on your automatic refresh setting.
The You tab lists the latest notifications that relate to the current account. These include:
- Likes on your posts
- New followers (if not set to a Private Profile)
- Comments on your posts
- Mentions in a comment (on your posts or others)
- Likes on your comments (on your posts or others)
- Updated support requests
- Copyright removal notices
- New friends (from your Address Book or Facebook) that join Instagram
Additionally, the following may display:
- A link to view the performance of your Promotions (if an Instagram Business Profile)
- A link to view open follower requests (if set to a Private Profile).
Responding to Comments
An additional feature exists when new comments are received on your posts, with quick actions to reply, report or delete comments, directly from the Activity tab.
To perform an action (such as reply) on a comment notification:
- Move the mouse to the right area of a comment notification to reveal the comment actions panel, and choose the appropriate action.
By default, all notification types are displayed. To apply filters to the notifications, use the Filter option under the button in the title bar.
To hide a specific activity notification:
- Right-click on an activity notification and select Hide Activity from the contextual menu.
- When selecting a activity notification using the keyboard arrows, use the Activity > Hide Activity Menu Bar item.
The Following tab lists the latest notifications that relate to activity made by users you follow. These include:
- When users you follow like other posts
- When users you follow start following other users