Posts can be viewed in either Grid-View (default), or Column-View.
- To view posts in Grid-View, click the Grid-View button in the profile tab bar.
- To view posts in Column-View, click the Column-View button in the profile tab bar.
To view posts that the profile's user has been tagged in:
- Click the Tagged button in the profile tab bar.
When viewing the tagged posts on your own profile, you can also remove tags from posts.
Removing Tagged Posts
To remove yourself from posts you have been tagged in:
- Use the Hide Photos… option under the actions button that appears above the tagged posts on your profile. Make your selections, and confirm them by clicking the confirm button in the title bar. You can cancel the selections using the cancel button.
- When viewing the details of a post you are tagged in, use the Remove me from Photo/Video… option under the actions button in the title bar.
- When viewing the details of a post you are tagged in, use the Remove me from Photo/Video… option in the Menu Bar.
Changing Tagging Options
If you would like to disable users from being able to tag you in photos:
- Use the Tagging Options… option under the actions button that appears above the tagged posts on your profile.
If set to "Add Manually", you will be notified in Activity when someone tags you in a photo, with the option to accept or remove the tag.
When viewing your own profile, an extra tab will appear, that allows you to view all the posts you have saved as well as your Saved Collections. Only you can see this tab, and the posts you have saved.
To view posts that you have saved:
- Click the Saved button in the title bar.
- When viewing your Profile, select the Saved… item under the Settings button in the title bar.
When viewing your own profile, you can view all the posts you have archived. Only you can see these posts.
To view posts that you have archived:
- Click the Archived button in the profile title bar.
To archive or unarchive a post:
- Right click a post and choose the Archive Photo/Video or Show on Profile menu item.
- When viewing the details of one of your posts, use the Archive Photo/Video or Show on Profile option in the Menu Bar.
Followers / Following
To view the followers or followings of a profile, click the "Followers" or "Following" button. The current relationship status between you and each user is displayed, allowing you to quickly follow or unfollow users from other profiles.
To follow/unfollow a user:
- Click the Follow or Following button (when hovering, the Following button will change in appearance to the Unfollow button).
If your profile is set to private, users that wish to follow you will require your approval. When there are pending friend requests, they will be visible in various places:
On your profile, with a badge that appears above your avatar.
At the top of your activity.
On the profile of user that sent the friend request, a banner will appear.
The Profile tab in the Flume menu will show an indicator.
Responding to Friend Requests
To respond to friend requests:
When viewing the list of pending friend requests, click the Accept or Decline button that appears next to each user.
When viewing the profile of user that has sent you a friend request, click the Accept or Decline button that appears below the user's biography.
[info] If you switch your profile to a public profile, all pending friend requests will be accepted.
Similar Account Suggestions
To view similar account suggestions on a profile:
- Click the collapse button. To scroll the suggestions, use the and buttons, or view all similar account suggestions by clicking the button.
Following Account Suggestions
To follow a suggestion:
- Click the button next to each user.
Ignoring Account Suggestions
To dismiss a suggestion:
- Click the button next to each user.
[info] You can opt-out of being suggested for other users by editing your profile via the Instagram website. Learn more.
Profile previews are a way to quickly inspect a user's profile and follow them without leaving your current view. These are similar to the long-press actions or 3D Touch behaviours found on the mobile Instagram apps.
To view a profile preview:
- Long-press on any profile picture or username
To follow a user in a profile preview, click the Follow button.
To close a profile preview, press the ⎋ (ESC) key, or click outside of the preview.