Switching Search Modes/Types
To switch between Search types, simply click on the tab
To switch between Search modes, use the menu when viewing the
Adding / Removing Search Bookmarks
- Click the bookmarks button in the title bar when viewing the details of a Profile, Location, or Hashtag.
- Use the View > Add / Remove "ITEM" to Bookmarks Menu Bar item.
- When viewing your list of Bookmarks, click the button.
Sorting Search Bookmarks
By default, Bookmarks are sorted in Date Added order. To change the ordering, use the Sort by… option under the button in the title bar.
Importing / Exporting Search Bookmarks
If you do not have any Bookmarks, the Search view will default to showing you Instagram's suggestions.
We recommend you use Flume's Bookmarks feature to save commonly searched items, as suggested searches can change at any time based off various account-factors.
To remove a suggested search:
- Click the delete button next to the suggested user, hashtag, or place you wish to remove.
- Right-click on a suggested user, hashtag, or place and select Hide from the contextual menu.
Your recent searches are populated by Instagram based off your previous searches for that account. We recommend you use Flume's Bookmarks feature to save commonly searched items, as recent searches are limited by Instagram to just a few items.
To clear your recent searches, see Profile Settings.
Nearby Location Searches
To search locations that are near to you:
- Click the Places search type tab.
- If you have previously searched for a term, press the clear button to remove the current search term.
- Click the Nearby Places row in the list of results.
[info] You must allow Flume access to your location if you wish to use this feature. If you have previously disabled access, you can enable Location Services access via System Preferences > Security Privacy > Privacy > Location Services.